Long Beach DUI Lawyers
You Only Have 10 Days To Protect Your License
After being arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or
drugs, the officer may revoke your driver's license and issue a temporary permit.
You have 10 days after the arrest to schedule a DMV hearing to appeal. If you fail to do this, you could lose your license for 6+ months!
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need to be aware of how serious the
penalties of a conviction can be. You may face thousands of dollars in fines, several
months in county jail, several years of probation, and license suspension.
However, if there is any doubt in your mind about the legality of the
charges against you, ask the court for time to get legal representation. Our
Certified Criminal Law Specialist at the Law Office of Peacock & Le Beau can pursue case dismissal,
a plea bargain, or a an acquittal at trial depending on your specific
case and what is in your best interests.
Don't face the charges alone! Our Long Beach drunk driving attorneys have
40+ years of collective experience in DUI defense!
Find Solutions to DUI Cases of All Kinds
Our firm has successfully handled over one thousand criminal cases. Our
attorney in Long Beach, CA knows that every case is unique, but we also
know that challenging weak evidence can minimize the damage and even have
a case dismissed entirely. With one of our attorneys being a criminal
law specialist certified by the California State Bar, our DUI attorneys
in Long Beach, CA has the
criminal defense experience our clients need to find a positive solution.
Our firm handles all kinds of cases involving DUI, such as:
After a DUI Arrest, What Should I Do First?
We can immediately contact the California DMV to request an administrative
hearing. This will allow you to continue driving with a temporary driver's
license until the hearing has taken place and a decision made about your
case. The information submitted to the DMV could allow you to retain your
license, and we are very familiar with what to do in these hearings.
Next, plan to show up for your first court appearance listed on the DUI
citation if you have not hired an attorney. Also, be prepared to plead
either guilty or not guilty to the charges against you during that first
court date. If you have hired legal counsel, talk to your lawyer about
when you need to appear in court and what could be done to help you to
avoid conviction. There are many cases that can be dismissed due to errors
in police procedure, testing, or in the arrest process.
California DUI Penalties
A conviction will very likely lead to much higher automobile insurance
costs. Additionally, depending on prior convictions and other circumstances
of the case, a person convicted of DUI can face the following repercussions:
- Mandatory installation of an ignition lock device in the offender's vehicle
- Vehicle impoundment
- Mandatory substance abuse treatment
- Suspension or cancellation of the offender's driver's license
- Fines or restitution charges
- Time in jail or state prison (ranging from a few days to many years)
The Best Defense Strategies for DUI
When you contact us to review your case, we will work with you throughout the
DUI process to come up with a personalized strategy that best suits your situation.
While our attorney in Long Beach, CA approaches each case uniquely, we
always work to help clients achieve the best possible outcome.
challenging DUI evidence, we look for weaknesses such as:
- The officer failed to properly administer the field sobriety tests (walk
and turn test, one-leg stand, and HGN test)
- The officer did not have probable cause when he or she pulled you over
- The breathalyzer machine wasn't working properly, wasn't correctly
- The breath sample or blood sample was contaminated
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a DUI Lawyer?
Hiring a professional DUI lawyer can prove to be beneficial for several
- By utilizing the attorney’s knowledge of the ins and outs of the
law, a powerful defense can be made on your behalf
- A unique and appropriate response can be crafted for each argument brought
by the prosecutor
- The attorney handles the legal aspects of the case so that the client can
focus on the emotional and relational aspects of the DUI
- With extensive training in the legal field, an attorney can build arguments
in their client’s favor
Potential Consequences of Not Hiring a DUI Lawyer
- If the case is lost, the cost of compensation for the crime may be larger
than the cost of hiring a legal professional in the first place
- Lack of guidance for decisions and strategy
- Countless hours of the defendant's time used up to educate their self
in preparation for the trial
- The risk that without an attorney, your arguments may be weak – whereas
a professional may be able to use unique and powerful defenses
Call Us For Proven DUI Defense
At the Law Office of Peacock & Le Beau, we represent clients who have
been charged with a wide range of alcohol-related offenses. Bring the
case to us now for a free, confidential consultation with a respected
attorney in Long Beach, CA from our team. Even if you were arrested after
a failed breath or blood test, it may still be possible to prove your
innocence, to have the charges dismissed or to obtain a plea bargain which
works in your favor.
To take the first step in your defense, fill out a
free case evaluation form now!