Long Beach Fraud Crime Lawyer
Understanding Your Fraud Charges
Less than 1% of all criminal defense lawyers in California are California State Bar certified. At the Law Office of Peacock & Le Beau, both of our lead attorneys have earned this prestigious achievement. With more than 40 years of collective experience and over 1000 criminal defense cases under our belts, we can bring knowledge and know-how to your fraud case that few other law firms can claim. If you need professional representation, do not hesitate to contact our Long Beach theft crime attorneys right now so we can start working on a case that aims to clear your name and protect your future stability!
What is Fraud?
In general, fraud involves using deception or dishonesty to gain some sort of benefit or financial reward. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you could be accused of violating state or federal laws, or possibly both.
Types of Fraud Offenses
Common forms of fraud that could lead to severe penalties upon conviction include:
- Counterfeiting: Illegally producing or reproducing currency, documents, or certificates.
- Check fraud: Knowingly passing or writing a check that is not valid or cannot be honored.
- Credit card fraud: Stealing cards or information to use for illegitimate purchases.
- Insurance fraud: Falsifying claims or evidence to win larger recoveries from an insurance provider following an accident or injury.
- Tax fraud: Evading taxes to pay less than what should be owed to the government.
What are the Penalties for Fraud?
As no two forms of fraud are identical to the other, the punishments will also vary from case to case. However, convictions can include:
- Lengthy prison time
- High fines
- Restitution – payment directly to the victims
Call 562.888.9148 for Comprehensive Solutions to Your Charges
As fraud is considered a form of theft, it needs to be taken quite seriously, even in cases that might not have involved a large sum of money. At the Law Office of Peacock & Le Beau, our Long Beach criminal defense attorneys are ready to work closely with you to develop a powerful case in your defense. After all, you deserve honest representation that upholds your rights and keeps them in focus throughout the entire process.
You need to act quickly after an arrest! Schedule a free case evaluation with our attorneys today!
Assault & Battery Dismissed
Drug Possession for Sales Reduced
Juvenile DUI Dismissed
Domestic Violence Acquittal
Grand Theft Reduced
Restraining Order Obtained
Restraining Order Dismissed
Sexual Battery & Sexual Assault Not Guilty